The Founders' Awards
The Founders’ Awards is a bursary programme to enable outstanding students to access the excellent educational opportunities offered at Malvern St James. The Awards are named in honour of our founding schools and the pioneering women who established all-girls’ education in Malvern. The Founders’ Awards will increase accessibility to the school and build upon an already deep-rooted tradition of Bursary and Scholarship provision.
The scheme has been created as a result of a generous bequest left to Malvern St James in 2014. The number of Awards given, and the value of each, will be kept deliberately flexible so that we are able to reach the most deserving girls and address their individual circumstances. In this way we create something which is bespoke and represents a meaningful contribution to the recipient.
Applicant Criteria and Timings
Applications for The Founders’ Award 2022 are now open.
Founders’ Award recipients should show a pursuit of excellence and demonstrate all-round excellence in academic achievement, as well as a very significant contribution to extra-curricular school life and student leadership. Award holders will be mentors, role models, and outstanding ambassadors who will enjoy being part of our community and play a leading role within it.
Applications are welcomed from Year 11 girls already at Malvern St James as well as those currently at school elsewhere who, in their pursuit of excellence, will make an exceptional contribution to the academic and enrichment life of Malvern St James.
- Step 1
- In the first instance Parents should complete and submit the Confidential Statement of Financial Circumstances. Please email the form to Mrs Jo French alternatively post it to Mrs Jo French, Malvern St James, 15 Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3BA this must reach us by Friday 8 October 2021
- Step 2
- Eligible candidates will be invited to continue their application and will continue to Step 3
- Step 3
- By Friday 15 October 2021 eligible candidates must submit the Sixth Form Scholarship application form with supporting documents
- Step 4
- On Saturday 6 November candidates are invited to sit written paper exams, on Monday 8 and Tuesday 9 November practical assessments take place
- Step 5
- Candidates are invited to attend a panel interview these take place on Thursday 18, Friday 19, Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 November
Publicity and Fundraising
The Awards are funded purely from fundraising and charitable donations. Recipients of awards will be expected to take part in fundraising activity for the scheme by featuring in communications materials and this can be by using images and first names.