At MSJ, Scholarships acknowledge exceptional individual ability and talent in a particular area. We welcome applications for Equestrian Scholarships at 11+, 13+ and 16+, which are awarded on merit.
Becoming an MSJ scholar means striving for your best and sharing that passion with others.
The Malvern St James Equestrian Scholar:
- Is available and committed to representing Malvern St James at School equestrian events.
- Encourages other riders within the School.
- Supports all MSJ Riding events.
- Supports MSJ Team training events
- Subscribe to a recognised body e.g. Pony Club Branch or Centre, Riding Club, British Eventing, or similar.
- Be of a very good competitive riding standard and regularly participate in a range of organised events e.g. dressage and show jumping.
At 11+ should be regularly achieving a minimum jumping level of approximately 70cm and/or British Dressage Prelim Test.
At 13+ should be regularly achieving a minimum jumping level of approximately 80 cm and/or British Dressage Intro Test.
At 16+ should be regularly achieving a minimum jumping level of approximately 90 cm or British Dressage Novice would be expected.
Equestrian Scholarship Assessment:
Applicants should have considerable potential; ideally, they will already be achieving the best possible marks in their field. In addition, applicants should be outstanding role models for other girls.
- Presentation of portfolio of riding achievements and competitions entered over the past 6 to 12 months, with evidence. This could include records of results, newspaper/magazine clippings, articles, photographs and video footage.
- Demonstration of short video footage of candidate’s riding skills.
- Provide a reference from their District Commissioner or an Accredited Trainer, confirming regular attendance at Pony Club or Riding Club rallies and any team selection within the Pony Club.
- Provide a Riding CV.
- Panel interview.
Scholars benefit from a 50% contribution to event entrance fees.