At MSJ, Scholarships acknowledge exceptional individual ability and talent in a particular area. We welcome applications for Drama Scholarships at 11+, 13+ and 16+, which are awarded on merit.
Becoming an MSJ scholar means striving for your best and sharing that passion with others.
The Malvern St James Drama Scholar:
- Has an overwhelming passion for the subject and pursues their passion both in and outside of the classroom.
- Promotes and supports all Drama Department events including Open Mornings and plays performed by other Year Groups.
- Takes part in drama productions and workshops, through performance, technical contribution and front of house support.
- Takes part in Drama Competitions and other extension opportunities offered by the Department
- Participates in Drama Club.
- Attends theatre trips and workshops.
- Should consider taking Speech and Drama lessons.
- At 16+ should run or support Drama Clubs for younger girls.
- For 11+ and 13+ Scholarships study GCSE Drama in Year 10 and 11 and beyond. They should participate in Drama Club.
- For 16+ Scholarships study A Level Drama within the curriculum and be looking at the opportunity of pursuing Drama at Higher Education level or as a career option.
Drama Scholarship Assessment:
Applicants should have considerable potential; ideally, they will already be achieving the best possible marks in their respective fields, whether academic or practical. In addition, applicants should be outstanding role models for other girls.
Scholars benefit from one free 30 minute solo Speech & Drama lesson per week.