At MSJ, Scholarships acknowledge exceptional individual ability and talent in a particular area. We welcome applications for Art Scholarships at 11+, 13+ and 16+, which are awarded on merit.
Becoming an MSJ scholar means striving for your best and sharing that passion with others.
The Malvern St James Art Scholar:
- Has an overwhelming passion for the subject and pursues their passion both in and outside of the classroom.
- Promotes and supports all Art Department events including Open Mornings, Arts Week and the Junior Schools’ Art Exhibition.
- At 16+ devises and implements, in discussion with the Head of Subject, a programme of activities to run as a Senior School Art Club.
- Have an interest in Fine Art and / or Textiles which spans both the practical elements of the subject and contextual areas.
- Have knowledge of artists and designers both past and present.
- Have a strong eye for line, form and tone and be able to exhibit this with well executed observational drawings.
- For 11+ and 13+ Scholarships expect to study GCSE Art in Year 10 and 11 and possibly beyond.
- For 16+ Scholarships study A Level Art and will possibly pursue Art as a career option.
Art Scholarship Assessment:
Applicants should have considerable potential; ideally, they will already be achieving the best possible marks in their respective fields, whether academic or practical. In addition, applicants should be outstanding role models for other girls.