At MSJ, Scholarships acknowledge exceptional individual ability and talent in a particular area. We welcome applications for Academic Scholarships at 11+, 13+ and 16+, which are awarded on merit.
Becoming an MSJ scholar means striving for your best and sharing that passion with others.
The Malvern St James Academic Scholar:
Attends Academic Scholar meetings and takes an active part in sessions and is an outstanding ambassador.
Willingly shares their understanding and ideas with others in meetings and assemblies.
Is an active member and leader in academic clubs.
Takes an active part in Academic Scholar Platforms, Somerville Suppers and discussion opportunities.
Enjoys taking part in competitions and academic extension opportunities.
Extends their studies beyond the classroom in creative and independent ways.
Has high aspirations for their own education and career.
- Relish academic challenge and be an active part of the MSJ Academic community.
- Demonstrate academic involvement and potential.
- Have a willingness to take intellectual risks.
- Show originality in their thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- Be capable of challenging others’ ideas in constructive ways.
- For 16+ Scholarships, be predicted Grades 7 to 9 at GCSE or equivalent.
Academic Scholarship Assessment:
Applicants should have considerable potential; ideally, they will already be achieving the best possible marks in their respective fields, whether academic or practical. In addition, applicants should be outstanding role models for other girls.