Scholarships and Awards
Malvern St James Scholarships are offered in a variety of disciplines including Academic, Art, Drama, Flexi-Boarding, Music, Riding, Sport and Technology. Scholarships are designed to reward excellence and to celebrate exceptional talent. We welcome open applications for Scholarships and Exhibitions at 11+, 13+ and 16+, which are awarded on merit.
Scholarships carry a fee remission of up to 10% for Senior School Scholarships. The final award will be considered alongside any other bursaries and remissions, the combined total of which will not exceed 40% of fees.
Sixth Form Scholarships may carry a fee remission subject to means testing. All Scholarships are awarded for as long as the student remains at the School, provided that her progress and conduct are excellent.
Scholarship awards are honorary and are highly valued by universities and future employers.
A wealth of enrichment and extension activities are available to all girls at Malvern St James including:
- Lectures, forums and inspirational speakers
- Competitions and essay prizes
- Somerville Suppers and debates for senior scholars
- Leadership positions
- University and Oxbridge preparation programme
In addition, scholars will be offered a range of bespoke opportunities with considerable value, including:
- Mentoring and further extending skills
- Masterclasses and workshops
- Trips and visits
- Regular specialist meetings
Malvern St James Scholars are expected to:
- Make a significant contribution to all areas of School life
- Participate actively in all events relating to their specialism
- Identify ways in which they can use their talents to contribute to the wider School community
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative
- Work as ambassadors for the relevant subject area, both in and out of School
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities in the School
- Perform at a very high standard in their specialist area, showing exemplary commitment and dedication
Applicants should have considerable potential; ideally, they will already be achieving the best possible marks in their respective fields, whether academic or practical. In addition, applicants should be outstanding role models for other girls.
- Year 7
- Year 7 Scholarships are awarded for excellence in the following specialist areas: Academic, Art, Drama, Music and Sports
- Year 9
- Year 9 Scholarships are awarded for excellence in the following specialist areas: Academic, Art, Drama, Music, Riding, Sports, Flexi-Boarding and Technology
- Year 10
- Year 10 Scholarships are awarded for Flexi-Boarding
- Sixth Form
- Sixth Form Scholarships are awarded for excellence in the following specialist areas: Academic, Art, Drama, Music, Riding, Sports and Technology
- Girls will study at least three A Levels during their time in the Sixth Form alongside an EPQ or a single AS in subjects where it is offered. There is an opportunity for very able girls to study four A Levels
In addition to our Scholarships, there is the Founders’ Awards, which is part of our means-tested bursary programme. If you would like your daughter to be considered for The Founders’ Awards there is a separate process, timeline and form to complete with further information available on the Founders' Awards page.
Sixth Form Scholarships
Applications for 2022 Sixth Form Scholarships are now closed, applications for 2023 open in the Summer Term.
Application Deadline: Friday 15 October 2021
- Scholarship Exams: Saturday 6 November 2021 for written papers and Monday 8 and Tuesday 9 November 2021 for practical assessments
- Interviews: Thursday 18, Friday 19, Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 November 2021
Senior School Scholarships
Applications for 2022 Senior School Scholarships are now closed, applications for 2023 open in the Summer Term. .
- Application Deadline: Monday 15 November 2021
- Scholarship Exams: Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 January 2022 (TBC)
- Interviews: Week commencing Monday 24 January 2022
Please note: girls must be registered with the School before applying for a Scholarship