contact us
parent portal
contact us
parent portal
RELATED NEWS

SATs

SATs

SUBMENU

SATs

MSJ offers extensive support and guidance to students considering the option of undergraduate study in the US.

It has become more commonplace for UK-based students to pursue the idea of a four year course that offers something different to a British university degree.

The school can help in the whole process of the application. We are one of the few regional exam sites for the SAT / ACT exams and this offers our girls a unique advantage in terms of logistics. The library is well resourced with materials and the Careers Office has considerable experience in giving advice and support on university choice. 

Girls can have SAT / ACT coaching in their free periods and support when writing essays and when completing their applications. Much time is spent practicing SAT examination exercises, such as sentence completion, grammar exercises (identifying sentence errors, editing in context and sentence correction exercises) and reading comprehension. At least one hour’s preparation is expected per week. 

The classes focus on a range of skills and tasks, including extending knowledge and use of prescribed vocabulary and writing short critical essays. Students practice Mathematics exercises and there is some evaluation. Specific additional teaching for the Mathematics tests can also be arranged.