contact us
parent portal
contact us
parent portal
RELATED NEWS

Sixth Form

SUBMENU

Sixth Form

Sixth Form marks a departure from Senior School. These two years, as students transition towards university, career and life beyond school, are incredibly important. It is our job to expertly guide each girl, yet allow her the freedom and independence to flourish as an individual.

We offer a wide choice of A and AS level subjects, with inspirational teaching, small classes and strong tutor support, enabling girls to achieve outstanding results. The size of our Sixth Form means we know each girl and can offer her the individual attention she needs. The majority of students will achieve a place at their first choice university, with bespoke preparation programmes for Medicine, Oxbridge and American universities.

In Sixth Form, students take an intellectual step-up. A more analytical and investigative approach to lessons and personal study will see girls getting under the skin of the subjects they love, and MSJ’s highly-regarded Enrichment Programme will elevate their learning and broaden their critical thinking.

Enrichment comprises many elements: an annual lecture programme which includes talks from some of the top academics from the UK’s best universities; university and careers workshops, interview coaching, and mentoring from our alumnae network; Somerville Suppers, where students discuss current affairs and complex concepts; and ‘Russell Up’, our university preparation programme. Also included is the Extended Project Qualification, multiple leadership opportunities and prestigious extra-curricular activities such as Young Enterprise, Sports Leaders Awards, Model United Nations and the Gambia Expedition.

MSJ welcomes inspirational guests to enthuse students about their futures. Speakers include Caroline Lucas MP, Dr Caroline Copeland (Neuroscientist, Imperial College London), Professor David Feldman (University of Cambridge, Law) and Jennifer Kirby (RSC actress).

Of course, it’s not just about work. We want our girls to have fun and enjoy their Sixth Form years. There will be plenty of socials, glamorous occasions and shared events with other schools. Girls enjoy a greater freedom and flexibility: they have their own Sixth Form Centre, they can go ‘up-town’ to Nero’s or Prezzo, and they enjoy plentiful cultural, shopping and social trips around the UK.

The Founders’ Awards are our Sixth Form-specific bursaries. Sixth Form scholarships are also awarded for Academic, Sport, Drama, Music, Riding, Technology and Art. Year 11s are invited to apply: please see the scholarships page on our website for more details.

These two years will see students come into their own. We will encourage them to be their best and by the end of Year 13 they will be ready to fly. 

Read our Sixth Form Brochure